Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Finally...I've got internet.

The first of many tales 06202011

To begin...my reality check has just been cashed in a major way. I remember a song "I'm flying on a jet plane...don't know when I'll be back again"and yadda yadda so the song goes. Today, has been a mad relaxing one, as I spent the majority of it absorbing creature comforts that many of us in good ol' Amurrica take for granted. To begin a long illustrious list, A/C (d/c du dun ch.), playstation, fire ass trees and last but certainly not least (or finally for that matter), the good ol' American toilet. I'm almost positive I won't be taking these things for granted once I make my return back. However, I digress. To be completely honest, I think that some of my previous apprehensions about being here have subsided. For now, I'm going to enjoy some fleeting moments of "me" time on this plane..the majority reason being I've really got no choice. I've been thinking about how my Spanish game is going to hold up out here, Its got me shook a bit because I'm literally being ripped from my comfort zone needless to say. I think it's dope to be taken out of the frame of reference I've been accustomed to only to be placed in the reality of a completely different culture...which is about to take the safety off for sure. I'm hoping my group family maintains the optimism...from the looks of it...they have and that's most certainly refreshing in my eyes. I'm going to handle myself proper and hope with the utmost optimism that they maintain that medium of thought for themselves. Anyhow, formalities aside...some background on what I'm seeing at the moment.

On a more analytical/whimsical note, this flight has a pretty diverse group. There's a grip-ton of transient students, a bible study group and various other transients heading to that side of the globe, perhaps farther. There's a variety of cultures and backgrounds as well...I like that. I've made friends already, kinda sorta...gotta converse with ze ladies sharing a row with the homie...totally helps pass the time. Anyhow...the flight staff is super friendly (not to mention easy on the eyes...lord christ jesus) and they're all Españolas as well. They've been more than helpful in assisting me in my Spanish game and they tell me I have a good accent...many of them were impressed. Personally, I'll take all I can get (that's what she said) I need the confidence booster at this point. So yeah....more now than ever I consider myself blessed with the opportunity I've made for myself. In the next few hours of me time, I plan on catching up with some music, writing and other various plans of action during the stay. First, I'm going to go through these joints I've stumbled upon. I wonder how the record game is in España...got me itchin for sure. For now, time to get on this archeologist tip and do some research! More mindspray later y'all...keep on the look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment